Tuesday, June 25, 2013

One Love

Dear Family-
 
So transfers are next week!! I am staying in Gulf Breeze and I will be training again! I am getting a new missionary straight out of the MTC and my beloved sister Treiber is being transferred to Panama City Beach to another experienced sister. I really love being a trainer. I love getting a sister who is nervous and unsure but also on fire to going to work and I love being the sister to introduce them to the work. It's really special to me- I am a officially a missionary "mom" haha I also always learn A LOT from them as well! I will miss sister treiber though- but I am grateful the Lord led us to each other because I know we will continue to be friends after the mission. I love her and I really learned a lot from her.
 
So this week was a litle different!! We had a worldwide sister training conference that all the sisters in Tallahassee had to attend (there are now 40 of us!) we went over the "sister culture" because we are all in charge of establishing that culture in this mission because we are all the first sisters in the area. What we do and how we obey and interact with the elders, and how we dress- that will set the tone for all the sisters to follow. So it is imperative that we set a good example and establish an obedient sister culture so we can be more effective and fruitful missionaries and be deserving for help from on high. 

Modesty is a big part of this. I heard this quote from Muhummad Ali, speaking to his daughter, when she came home from a date barely wearing anything. I really struck me: "Everything of great value is covered up. Diamonds are covered by thick layers of rock, pearls lie beneath deep layers of water. Surely you are more precious than diamonds and pearls- you should be covered up too." Being a missionary particularly in this mission where more sisters are being sent than anywhere else in the country (we are getting 13 new sisters next transfer) has deepened and solidified my testimony of modesty. And because of that I can now share that testimony with others. The young women here struggle with modesty- its hot here! they live on the beach!! No one wears clothes here in the coast of Florida haha but WE are going to have a firesite with the YW on modestly to help strengthen them (and they are all good friends with us. So I'm excited for that :) I love all the girls so much- they are amazing.
 
Also! we watched world wide leadership training last night, it was broadcasted from Provo, and I was moved and inspired by it beyond belief!! Me and sister Treiber bawled through the whole thing especially when President Monson spoke despite the recent loss of his wife. We met with bishop directly after the meeting to discuss our ward missionary plan again and discuss names. The running group is in the works!! We have 10 sisters and 3 yw in attendance :) I love it and so do they!! we go 2-5 miles once a week and me and sister Hernandeze ladies. We also came up with the idea of having a 4th of July breakfast and church tour! People are very patriotic out here so we are expecting a lot of nonmembers to be there. We are continually praying to be led to those people the Lord has prepared for us. WE have our baptism this saturday for Tavon Hernandez and I am so excited :) but saddened that sister Treiber can't be there. His father (who is a recent convert, the coolest guy ever I absolutely love him!) is preparing to receive the priesthood and baptize him- how overjoyed we are to see the spiritual growth and progression of that family! They are rocks. 

I love you guys- thank you for the package :) the music really helped with 4 hour drive we had to Tallahassee for the sisters conference!!! Thank you thank you. I  love you all so much. And I am stoked about you guys meeting with Dan Brown- share the gospel when you can!! Nothing is more importsant or powerful than member missionary work. check out the work of salvation link on lds.org to learn more about how to do it. I am so excited about the announcement they made in last night's broadcast- we are now getting internet access and our own facebook profiles to help us with the work!! We can now use videos talks and mormon messages to help us with the work. Its really gonna help!
This morning i finished reading the Book of Mosiah in the BOM and this verse really struck me when I applied to myself- apply it to yourself too! Mosiah 24:15-16 " now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Brooke were made light; yea, the Lord did strengthen her that she could bear up he burdenns with ease and she did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the wil of the Lord.16 And it came to pass that so great was her faith and her patince that the voice of the Lord came unto them again, saying: Be of good comfort, for on the morrow I will deliver you." A mission is hard. We all go through hard things and the Lord lets it happen but if we turn to him- though he may lighten or remove the load- He can strengthen us so that we are able to bear it and let it work for our benefit. I love you guys! I always pray for you. Enjoy New Hampshire! I wish I could be there with you but I am happy here at this beach too :)

Love,
 Sister Bertoldo

No comments:

Post a Comment