Monday, April 21, 2014

"It was the Load." -Elder Bednar

Dearest Family-

Hope you had a great conference! Dad- it was so good to hear from you it sounds like you and Jared had a great time! and mom- thank you so much for the easter package! that made my day! Both of your letters meant so much to me- thank you.
I loved Conference- our investigator Alton came and we were so happy. We had another MLC this week and it went really well- President had us meet like a council rather than a "lecture" set up and i loved it- so much more effective we really got some issues resolved and we did it all together as a group- it was cool. 

I went on an exchange with a sister who has been seriously considering going home- I prayed so much before that exchange, that Heavenly father would guide my words and our conversation, so that she could be empowered and inspired to stay. well wow- the Spirit led that discussion- I was really open with her about some of my struggles i've faced on my mission, and I shared with her how i overcame them and then I told her, bc i felt overwhelmingly to tell her, that there would be people she won't meet until the end of her mission that will change her life and she will change theirs. I know it. I told her how missions change, and for all she knows this could be the hardest part of her whole mission! hard times are temporary- just tests-If she can get through this, great blessings will follow on her mission, I know the Lord has experiences, choice experiences in store for her towards the end of her mission- worth staying out for! so worth it! She started crying and then smiled the biggest smile and said, "you just gave me hope!" and she just kept crying and crying, so happy. then we had the opportunity to teach a girl preparing for her mission, we taught her how we prepared and so forth- well that was the best thing for this sister- as she testified of why she came on a mission and how she prepared I could feel the Spirit testifying to her that her decision to come and serve was right! she will be so blessed! I know this sister will stay! It was such a beautiful experience.
 
I loved what Elder Bednar said, "it was the load." how true that is- that was answer to prayer. That changed my perspective on having heavy responsibilities placed upon my shoulders- it is the load that enables us to progress and move forward on the straight an narrow path! it is the road that focuses us and accelerates us to be able to attain and achieve and fulfill! rather than feeling drained, overwhelmed, or daunted by heavy loads/responsibilities placed on my back, I will forever see them as an empowerment and seek them out! I was so grateful for his words! They were an answer to prayer- for this short 15 weeks I have left on my mission I will carry this load and let it move me in progression on the path to eternal progression! I have a whole new perspective- not one of fatigue, but one of empowerment and gratitude! It is the load that brings happiness- not waiting for the load to be alleviated! well, our lesson with Taylor (the woman i was talking about last time) went well, we got to meet her nonmember fiance! We established a good relationship with him- they really opened up to us. We have a new Investigator Keisha. 
 I love you all- you are in my prayers and thoughts always <3
Much Love Sister Bertodo

No comments:

Post a Comment