Friday, May 9, 2014

"Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding" Proverbs 9:6

Dear Family-

Wonderful week. Earlier this week we had the privilege of taking out new sisters in the mission for training along with the AP's. we had 2 new sisters this time (the numbers are getting smaller!) we each took one new sister and went Family History contacting and OYM'ing (opening our mouths) on FSU campus. I was praying fervently that we would be led to even just one person who was truly prepared. and we were. we had a few difficult encounters but persisted and then came to find two girls sitting in the grass- felt the pull to talk to them and we did. Turns out that one of them- catherine- has been searching for the truth and a church in the past few months- trying to find God- she is humble, meek and submissive. I love her. She is freshman at FSU- as I sat there teaching her the beginnings of the gospel in the grass on beautiful FSU campus, with a brand new sister missionary at my side- I cant think of a time when i have ever been happier. WEll- we have met with her twice since then! She came to church yesterday after we gave her a tour the day before and everything was tailored perfectly to her needs! We went to the singles ward with her and she was so well fellow shipped everyone just enveloped her in love! she is going home for the summer but she already looked up the church and the missionaries in her home town and is set on attending and learning and being baptized! We had 4 investigators come to church this sunday. Then catherine called after church asking if we could meet one more time before she left home for the summer! the day she gets baptized- i will be there- forever grateful God let me find her and teach her- she is a valiant humble and prepared soul.

I sang at the funeral for Brother Douglas- it was very emotional. It was a very spiritual experience- I know Grandpa was there- i prayed he would be. We have MLC tomorrow and wedsnesday- im excited! its 2 days long, and they are doing some sort of special activity so I look forward to that. Our investigator Rex is excited and ready for baptism on the 17th- he said, "i'm ready whenever you say i am!" A lot has happened this week i am a bit emotionally drained so this email is short but much good has happened. Mom- thank you for the letter. I love you guys. For all you do. Dad- we had another lesson with Marsha- the one we met with on Easter? she had questions concerning the creation and adam and eve- she believes in Evolution we taught her and answered pretty well but I told her I would talk to you and see if you and mom had any insights you would like to offer her? you can just email them to me and I will print them off and go over them with her at our next lesson. Our investigator Tosh is now praying about baptism and she came to church this weekend!  I love you all.
Sister Bertoldo

No comments:

Post a Comment