Monday, April 15, 2013

Baptism


Dear Family-

This weeek the Hoffer's were baptized. What a week!! I have never come home consistently so exhausted but so happy! Their baptism was amazing- so many people came we had to take it to the chapel. The Spirit was so strong- they picked "When I am Baptized" to be their opening song, and as we sang it I was suddenly flooded with the Spirit and remembering my own baptism 12 years ago, because this was the same song at mine. I was also flooded with rememberance at singing that same song of many of my younger siblings baptisms with Ashley, and all of the sudden everything felt surreal- I couldn't believe that I was now on a mission, at the baptism of our investigators- I started bawling!!! so surreal, it just wasn't sinking in, I was so overwhelmed with the Spirit...Right before baptism they kissed and it was so touching to see them. When Bro. Hoffer came out of the water he was just glowing, and Cynthia?! When she came out of the water- I will never forget the look on her face!! Pure joy. I will never forget that moment and the peace and joy in my heart. I ran right into the changing stall to help her change and running to her and giving her a big hug- she got me drenched!! And she just cried she was so happy. It made me think of you mom and how you came running at me after my baptism- what an amazing feeling. Today (p-day) cynthia took us shopping in Panama City and we bought a white baby blessing dress for Clara!! I was in heaven. They are being sealed in (get this) the Salt lake Temple next summer!!!! and I am going to be there!!!! needless to say it was a great- but exhausting- week. 
Our investigator Starla also came to Church this Sunday and saw their confirmations- she was pretty touched/affected by it I could see her tearing up.
The longer I serve (not very long still I know) the more I see how central the family is. It's everything. I see why missionaries get married so quickly after the mish now- my perspective really has changed!! The family is everything- the more I go into all these people's homes and see families of all different kinds- the more I want my own. Now our missionary work is going to shift focus- we have been focusing a lot on activating less actives but now we want to start finding people to teach. that is our goal, and it's not easy to do here in Destin so pray that we have success in finding those who are in search or need of the gospel in their lives! I'm truly starting to learn how to put others before myself- it rained really hard on Wednesday so I was sprinting in from our car to the house, but then I realized sis. Johnson couldn't keep up with her disability- so I decided I would slow down and stay with her at her pace so she wouldnt be out there alone getting more wet than me. Something small I know, but I'm realizing how important it is to place others before yourself, and your needs and wants. Selflessness instead of selfishness- the Savior was the perfect example of this. I love you all so much- I love your letters and packages, they make my day haha its sad. I hope y'all are doing doing well! I recently discovered that Brittany Spears has a house out here- we ran into it yesterday haha pretty cool!! so does Carrie Underwood and Emeril Lagasse- in fact I am seeing emeril this Saturday dad!! long story- but I will write you about it and take a picture with him for you :) He liked my name "Sis. Bertoldo" I think he thinks I am straight from Italy haha so he is coming to see us on Saturday with his entourage....how cool is that?! I'm going to tell him you are a huge fan daddy :)
 
Much Love <3
Sister Bertoldo

No comments:

Post a Comment