Monday, April 1, 2013

Last Week of my First Transfer!


Dear family-

Awesome week. Mary was baptized this Saturday after our branch easter egg hunt- what a joyous day it was!!!!! I can't express how beautiful it was to see her in white, after her months of investigating the church and progressing, but to see her dressed in white, then submerged in the water, and come out clean, glowing and full of peace!!! It was so cute, she watches a 3yr old little girl named Camilla, and just as Mary was in the water, she screamed out, "Do it Miss Mary, do it!!" everyone laughed, Mary cried, and she did it. Afterwards, she was  glowing and was filled with the Spirit, she said it felt like a weight had been lifted off her chest and she could breathe better. Then yesterday at Church, on easter Sunday, she was confirmed and received the Gift of the Holy Ghost. What a glorious easter Sunday it was!! The Spirit was so strong, her countenance was so changed and softened, it was amaizing to see the change in her. As I watched her I was stricken by just how small a role I played in the grand scheme of things, how Heavenly Father has such great plans in store for her, but I feel so humbled and blessed to have been able to be a part of her life's journey. She is truly amazing, I have great love for her. I also sang, and it went well :) My trainer Sis. Christian goes home this Wednesday- she will be greatly missed by me, but I know we will stay in touch. I love her so much for all she has taught me and how honorably she has served these pased 18 months! Me and Sister Johnson are staying together for this next transfer together in Destin, and I look forward to serving with her, she is also a great and faithful spirit.
And guess what?! I officially love tracting now! haha it doesn't make me nervous anymore, in fact I now rather enjoy going up to people's houses and meeting random people haha. We actually have had some success with tracting lately too, we found 3 new people to expressed interest in learning more and invited us back! It was a pleasant surprise to say the least. The members here are so good to us, you wouldn't believe the amount of easter baskets and goodies we received on Sunday! haha it was almost embarrassing carrying it around but it meant the world to us, and they got me healthy stuff to, which really touched me :) I love the people in this branch, I have really gotten close to many of the members here and will forever remeber them! We also had an amazing easter feat at one of the members houses, I was in charge of making deviled eggs and setting the table haha which was awesome! I felt so at home.
Our investigators the Hoffer's also came to church again this Sunday, and it was so cool for them to be able to see Mary get confirmed- they have also watched her change, soften, elevate and progress. They were truly touched- the Spirit was strong in that room and Brother Hoffer later expressed to us that he was very moved by the preisthood blessing and desires to hold it and be worthy and able to give such blessings. It was really neat to hear that, he will be able to do exactly that, he is such a faithful man. They want to bless their little baby Claira, they were very excited when we told them of how babies receive a priesthood blessing in church before the ward, and Sis. Hoffer is already excitedly looking for a special, little white dress. I love this family. Our other investigators Scott and Starla are also progressing. Both are coming to church the Sunday following General Conference, even though it is going to take a lot of work for Scott to change his work schedule- I know the Lord will bless them as they strive to make an effort to come to church. What a great work this is!! I read a talk last Wednesday about how missionary work is just us helping our Heavenly Father keep His promises to His children- promises that He will never leave us completely alone, comfortless, and with no one to turn to. If we are unwilling to do His will, than He will just find someone else more worthy- but either way He will find a way to keep His promises to His children, it is merely our privelage to have a part in this as we listen to the promptings of the Spirit, which will guide us to those people. This also applies to visiting teaching and home teaching, as well as any other calling in the church. I know that even the most seemingly insignificant acts of service are great in the sight of God, because if everyone does their part and tries their best to follow the Savior and do their part, than all those who are in need will be administered to.
It's starting to get really hot here! I love it- but my hair gets more and more blonde everyday haha. also! Jared- I can't tellyou how proud I am of you hearing that you got your license!! way to go :) that's so exciting. I love you all so much, and always pray for you. I hope all is well! All is well here in Florida.
 
Love, Sister Bertoldo















No comments:

Post a Comment