Tuesday, August 6, 2013

1/3 Done

Dearest Family-
 
How crazy it is to think that already ive been out 6 months!! It flies. Today is tranfers day and guess what- I'm training a new sister from the MTC again!! I have a feeling I will be training my whole mission and that would be fine by me because I LOVE training. But- when I got the call this morning that Sister Chandler will be leaving me it was really bittersweet because we have truly become good friends- and to make it even more sad we were both laughing and talking in our room together making videos when the call came so we just both burst into tears- thats the hardest part is finally forming a deep friendship and relationship with somone only to have them ripped away! 
   But i know I will love this new sister and be the best trainer I can be for her too. And I know Sister chandler will be great in fox run- she's ready. I have complete faith in her. her testimony is rock solid- being with her was such a JOY. she is such a steady spirit. Elder Sanders is also staying and training another new elder and elder parsons is leaving to alabama. I can't tell you how relieved I am he's staying. If both he and sister chandler left I dont think my heart could take it!! So that's transfers.
 
As for our week- wow!! so busy. We taught a record of 25 lessons this week!! Bishop called and said he was so thrilled and impressed with our work. A busy week is a happy week- yesterday (sunday) we were literally gone alllll day- we were only home for 30 minutes all day and then after church we had 5 appointments- it was awesome! 
   First we taught this lady- Sister Mullikin, who is a sweet older sister that is trying get ready to go on a mission herself now that her husband is passed away. Then we took her out with us to contact her friend John- an older gentleman who's wife died of cancer- and we had a good first meeting and lesson with him. Then we went to my favorite family ever the H's and cooked dinner with them :) all organic and paleo it was awesome I was in heaven! We even made sugar free lemon bars haha. then we taught a sister who is recently going through a divorce and we taught her and her 2 kids about the Plan of Salvation and shared DC  98 with her. It was a powerful lesson. Then we taught Sister Wilcurt- and read scriptures with her and sang hymns for her husband Daniel who is 95 and still going strong! haha earlier this week us and the elders got together and helped her put on a garage sale- it took us 2 hourse to go through her garage and get it all organized and it was so hot!! by the end of it the elders shirts were so soaked through with sweat- even their ties were soaked! it was hilarious. 
     Oh! and get this- our investigator Maya- we have been trying to get her to read the BOM. so this week we were going to focus on that but we got there and before we even asked her she said, "oh sisters i forgot to tell you- I read! I read 1st Nephi" so we were happy and asked her what chapter and how it went and she said, "No I read the whole first book of nephi- I loved it. I couldnt put it down." ah!! I was stoked. that was a great moment. 
    We also found a new potential investigator this week- her name is Jessica, she is recently divorced and she was a referral from a ward member. We had a great lesson with her on having a firm foundation of christ and read Hel. 5:12. We also had our first lesson with Savon- she is 16 yrs old living with some ward members here while her parents are deployed and shes been coming to church and wants to learn more. I LOVE that girl- its crazy. We talked with her about prayer and how vital prayer is to gain and know spiritual truths. afterwards I gave her one of my big hugs and she said the sweetest thing to me, she said, "ah sister b you are so tender. you walked up to me with your arms wide open before you even knew me!" haha i've noticed I do often hug people before I even really know them- but that's because I feel like I already do know them! People are so easy to love- you dont have to know somebody to love them, and I guess hugging people is how I show that love. I love hugging people. 
    ANYWAYS moving on with the week- we saw a part member family, the k family, for the second time, and had a really amazing lesson with them. At the end, their 9 yr old daughter sarah looked at her mom and said "I want to go to church this sunday. And I want to get baptized mom." The mom started crying. It was aweswome- then she told how hard things have been- how hard it is having a non member husband and how badly she's needed the missionaries in her home. She said that before we knocked on her door it had been over 2 years since she'd had any missionaries in her home. She committed to come to Church next Sundaywith her kids!! 
    I can assure you that nothing feels better than hearing someone tell us they've been waiting for us to knock on their door. Nothing feels better than a reading a scripture you feel prompted to share for a reason you arent aware of- but when you do- they break down and cry because they feel the Spirit. That's when you know its the Spirit- we don't know their hearts, but He does. God knows- its amazing how He just uses us to speak to people.       I really do love being a missionary. There are a lot of things I miss, just the little things like watching movies and taking naps and wearing sweats and reading magazines- but really- nothing can compare to the joy I feel when I feel the power and depth of God's love for His children. This is such a happy work. And the Book of Mormon!! Wow!! It has become indispensable to me- I pour over its pages and stories and the words have become alive to me- I know that book is true and inspired of God. I am reading in Alma right now and I am learning so much about how to be a good missionary from Ammon, and Alma and Amulek and all the sons of Mosiah- I might be training but I know that I'm being trained too by the example and words of those prophets!!        last thing thats really cute and worth mentioning- We went to a member families house for dinner wednsday night and they have a lot of little girls- well the youngest one Violet who is 5 came up to me and gave me a picture and said, "it's us" she drew me and sister Chandler holding her hands and walking together...haha it was soooo cute!! I will keep that picture forever.
    Family I love you- mom thank you for the clothes I really liked the maxi skirt even though it was a little big!! I also loved the orange cardigan thank you!!! I love and think of you all. 
Take care xoxo
much love sister b



No comments:

Post a Comment