Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Best of the Best

Dearest Family-
 
Where to begin! We found a new family to investigate- they were sitting outside on their porch and I felt that tug in my heart so me and the greenie walked up talked to them- they were so receptive! She is a military mom with a 7 yr old son charles who showed us al his karate moves and an adopted 12 yr old daughter named Kiara. She wants us to teach her kids bc she herself is religiously open minded and said we can come back when her husband isnt here- so we are going back this tuesday! We all talked for an hour or so it was so cool and Kiara came up to me and whispered in my ear before we left "you are really pretty" haha it was so cute! So pray that all goes well. 
   We had 3 investigators at church this sunday!!! JC the 16 yr old that I was worried we were losing, and I love her like a sister, texted us saying that she wanted to see us again. We then had the most POWERFUL meeting ever. She confided and told us everything she had been holding back. After our last lesson 3 weeks ago I had prayed- really prayed- that she would get an answer that would be unmistakable to her so she would know what we were teaching her was true. I plead her cause to the Lord then realized the Savior already had. It was an incredible experience. Then 3 weeks went by of nothing. Well at the end of our lesson this week- we told her she was a DAUGHTER OF GOD WITH DIVINE POTENTIAL we shared Jacob 3:1-3 with her which is directed to the "pure in heart" which is her- and how we must turn to CHRIST to comfort and console us. Well at the end we prayed and while we prayed I felt a warm gust of wind. After the prayer she had tears in her eyes and said, "I felt something- in my heart when you prayed- I felt a warm wind and it made my heart feel warm." she was smiling- she looked lighter- happy!! I told her that was the Spirit telling her what we talked about with her was true! That was God's love! and God even let me feel it too- he answered my prayer from 3 weeks ago and let me feel her answer with her. It was beautiful.
    Then the k family we've been working with- we got a bcd (baptism and confirmation date) set with sarah!! Her 9 yr old daughter. She is getting baptized the 31st of August. She and her mom both came to church this sunday- and our investigator Maya came too!! It was amazing bishop was floored. 
     Here's the cool thing- I fasted that morning praying that they would all come to Church and not only that but that they would feel the Spirit. Well- yesterday after sacrament JC said she might go home- she wasn't feeling well. I looked her dead in the eye and told her, "JC if you stay, I will go to YW with you instead of RS.. I'll sit with you the whole time." She said," Promise?" I promised!!! So she stayed. then in YW guess what they talked about? guess? TEMPLE COVENANTS. marriage. BAPTISM. It was perfect- at the end of it the YW President asked if I would speak- boy did I ever want to speak and talk to those girls about temple marriage!! I bore my testimony to them and told them I knew God knew them and had a plan for each of them- I told them part of that plan is a MAN. I testified to them that preparing for the temple is the best thing they could dream of and how it all starts with baptismal covenants and obedience to them. Then I looked at every one of those girls (there are a lot maybe 20) and I got totally overwhelmed- I have never seen so many eyes and faces so fixed on me- the Spirit was so strong- I felt like they were all just hanging on every word and all the leaders were crying and a lot of the girls too then I looked at JC- and maya- two of our investigators sitting there looking back at me- at I got such a huge feeling of love for them I totally broke down! I usually don't cry in public but I did because I thought my heart was going to explode. I told them they were all a part of me now forever and that the love I felt for each them was because of the Savior- I was feeling a portion of His love for them- so I testified of Christ's love for them. It was tremendous. I really think I am meant to work with youth- specifically girls- I just felt such power and always do when I talk about the temple and eternal marriage- i love bearing my testimony of that to them it only deepens my own and I love watching them catch the wave. So yeah- JC needed to be there- that was inspired of God. 
     I love you guys. Read DC section 6. I hope yall are doing well- please keep praying for me out here- i need it- my comp is sweet but has had emotional/psychological problems in the past- I need all the strength from the Lord I can get bc on my own I am nothing. I constantly counsel with the Lord just to get through a day but then miracles happen so I am always full of joy- the people here are beloved by me and I am beloved to them- its the COOLEST THING!!!!! I really do love being a missionary. Pray for JC, pray for the family we are meeting tuesday and that they will feel the Spirit and know it's true. Pray for me and us to be led to those who need us. that's all there is to my existence right now- it all revolves around others all my prayers, all my thoughts, all my heart.
Love sis. B


My dear Nikita the day before she went to the temple for the first time!!



District Picture



No comments:

Post a Comment