Thursday, November 21, 2013

If We Listen He Will Lead

Dear Family-

 
Some pretty amazing things happened- first off- best part of the week!!! Carla (name changed). Carla is the 19 yr old girl who has the beautiful little 10 month old. she is a total alcholic. which is tragic because she is AMAZING. so beautiful- i love her so much and see so much potential in her. always did. she has been severely abused and started drinking at age 12 which led to a plethora of other things that have let her rotting in a trailer park with no car. she is so much more than that. when i met her i heard god telling me- look at what she's meant to be! I saw it- then He told me- now help her see it too!! that has been my mission ever since. I love her fiercely. well- weeks ago while I was reading the scriptures and studying for another investigator- the Lord led me a different way- I was led to all of these powerful scriptures HAND PICKED for Carla- given to me all throughout the scriptures in a specific order that laid it all out perfectly- the experience left me in tears and in awe- I wrote them all down for her in the right order and at the end wrote- What is God trying to tell you? Man is he feeling after her! 

well weeks have gone by with us not being able to share them with her- finally this friday the opportunity came- we read them with her- she was stunned- they carried straight to her heart she had tears in her eyes at the end and said, "God just isnt giving up on me!" it was amazing. she then got really emotional and said to me, "you can't leave me! youre the first good person in my life who actually believes in me and hasn't given up on me! you dont judge me- so i can actually talk to you. You know all my secrets- you cant leave me youre the only one who can save me!" then she totally crumpled into tears- i totally broke me down in tears too- i just held her and told her that yes I do believe in her- but I am not the one who can save her its Jesus Christ who saves, and its God who sent me- and if she will turn to them they will help her all the way through if he will just start living the commandments again. I promised her I would never forget her either and always stay in touch- she just looked at me and said, "I know I knew you before. that's why i let you in my house even though i was doing drugs and my life was a mess I had to let you in. Youre going to save me. You already have." 
         well-  Carla came to church this sunday and sat with me the whole time. Carla got a blessing after church from the elders and hugged me the whole time. Carla is going to be ok. God has a plan for her!! Id come all the way out here just for her. how amazing this work is...I am fulfilled nd glory in God who is mighty to save- how He knows us all!! 2nd miracle is kathryn- a woman i had felt prompted to see for weeks after seeing her just briefly at Relief Society for the first time- we finally saw her even though she is in the Elders area- turns out the Spirit was nagging me or a reason- she let us right in and we had an incredible lesson. She is habvong her first baby after many trials- she showed us all her baby stuff and really opened up to us even though she is normally very shy and the elders havent been able to get in. then at the end after the prayer- she smiled with complete peace and said- sisters- thank you for coming. I needed that." The spirit knows all! If we just listen to Him He will lead us to those who need us. I am out of time but know that I love you all. I cant wait to see you all again!
 
love sis b

No comments:

Post a Comment