Thursday, November 21, 2013

Mager Miracle

Dear Family-

I know this is my last transfer here in Gulf Breeze- I know it. I can feel it- the lord has definitely let me know which is good because I really extra savor, treasure, enjoy and love every minute I have here. I randomly found an old list of goals I had made when I first got to this area 7 months ago- I remembered the feelings of pressure and stress I had as I made those goals- feeling slightly overwhelmed and unsure I could fulfill all the tasks, goals, and expectations- but I prayerfully made them and wrote them down. Well- to my deep joy- i was able to mark and check off EVERY SINGLE ONE of those goals I had made so long ago- every one! I was so touched, because I forgot I even made this list- that I cried and knelt down immediately to thank the lord in deep gratitude and..relief. I know it was a tender mercy that I found this list- God wanted me to know He is pleased with me and my service here and He wanted me to see how, with Him and only Him, I had been able to reach and surpass every goal I set all those months ago. What a blessing. As I prayed in gratitude more blessings came to my mind and my heart was full of joy as various faces, names, experiences, and people came into my mind. How the Lord has blessed me! How hard it has been- everything I have!- but how WORTH IT. 

  This Wednesday we got an unexpected call from Bishop, "Sisters" he said, I have a family here in my office looking for the truth. You need to teach it to them. Can we all meet tomorrow at 3?" get this- Alisa and William Magers are their names- they have a 7 yr old son Brian and a 2 yr old daughter Isabella. Alisa had been in jail just 3 days prior, and during her time there she kept hearing about the church of Jesus Christ of Latter day saints- she felt pulled and desirous to know more- she asked all the women around her if they knew anything about that church- no one really did, or they told her untruths but none of that threw her- she still felt the prompting and pull to learn more. She wanted to change her life. Immediately upon being released she did research and found the website- she looked up the nearest church building- ours- just down the street from their home. They don't have a car- so that little family walked to our church that wednesday night- and who should be sitting outside? Bishop. Bishop Clark who has also been praying and fasting for missionary opportunities. Well once again Alisa felt prompted, even though she didnt know why- to "talk to the man in the car" so dragging her family- she did- and he let them into the church and talked with them then called us. :D !!!!!!! Isn't that a miracle?!!!!! Well we met with them that next day and the second I saw her I gave her the biggest hug of her life!! haha I loved her instantly!! WE taught that little family ion the church with bishop there and even gave them a church tour after and sang them a hymn. When Alisa walked into the relief society room she cried- she didnt know why- but she just "felt a great warmth" and that was before we even told her what the room was!! 
          The lord is truly feeling after her- she is so in tune to the Spirit! We gave them a Book of Mormon and committed them to read 2 Ne. 31 on the Doctrine of Christ. We set another appointment with them with Bishop for Saturday morning. WELL that lesson we talked about baptism- the priesthood, the Book of Mormon- the Spirit was so strong and Bishop told her to pray to know if the BOM is truly of God- her response? "Oh sir- I already have. It's true." :D I have never heard such a response before on my mission- incredible! Bishop was dumbfounded and just looked at us and we all started laughing haha that's amazing!! we said- well at the end I felt prompted to extend her the baptismal commitment for Dec. 7th (we had previously prayed about this as a companionship) but I told God- are you sure? I have never committed someone to be baptized on the second lesson!! what did the spirit tell me? DO IT. "Alisa-" I said immediately after the prompting- "When you come to know that the priesthood authority has been restored and is found within this church, the same way you came to know the Book of Mormon is true through prayer, will you agree to follow the saviors example and be baptized by someone holding that priesthood authority?" her response- "I will." "Sister Mager we've prayed about it and felt strongly that Dec. 7th is the day for you to be baptized- will you commit to prepare yourself to be ready for this date and we will help you and be beside you every step of the way?" "will you still be here then?" "Yes we will!" "Then yes! I will. I will." :D miracle. unreal. we left that house feeling so surreal....When we got home I went straight to my knees and we both did, and as a companionship we prayed, and I thanked god from the bottom of my heart! God plucks up this woman, this precious little family and places them directly in our path and under our stewardship- WHAT A BLESSING!! HOW BLOWN AWAY I AM AT THE FORESIGHT OF GOD! 

Sitting with the Magers in church this sunday- I felt the spirit so strongly I cried once again. I was sitting next to little 7 yr old Brian who is the most meek and lowly child I have ever met- everytime we prayed he bowed his head and closed his eyes. He soaked it all in- he even sang the hymns he didn't know. he smelled like cigarette smoke- so I cried while I sat there whispering stories of Jesus in his ear, and explaining to him what the sacrament was, because everytime I finished a story I would whisper to Him, "Do you want another?" and he would just sit there silently and nod his head time and time again. Then we sang "families can be together forever" and I thought my hear would burst- alisa was tearing up and I was in awe and trying hard to wrap my mortal mind around what was taking place and what God was allowing me to be a part of- I could only cry and feel warmth warmth warmth warmth warmth.

 A mission is very hard. yes. some things very unpleasant yes- worth it? I THINK SO. How I have been blessed...how I have been blessed. Brian LOVED PRIMARY. He came running up to me after and said, "I love church" perfectly calm and smiling. Then the family walked home- happier than I have ever seen them. So that family is my Mager miracle. They have a very rough life and past- please family! pray for them by name each night please! we can get them baptized and surrounded by love and support, but the adversary is also at work- so please- pray for them and for us to be the missionaries they need! I love you all very much.

Yesterday we also had a lesson with the 16 yr old girl again. She has gone through many trials. abuse. neglect. instability. anxiety. anorexia. I love this girl fiercely and know How God feel about her- I believe in her and know the great blessings god has in store for her after all her suffering.I know its my job to teach her that. yesterday we had a special lesson on temples and eternal marriage- I tell you that girl came alive!!! she was sitting on the edge of her seat!! I told her every great true love story I know (because we all know how I collect those:) I shared my burning testimony with her how god has a plan for her and part of that plan is a man- we talked all about it and the whole mood in the house changed she was ignited! haha. bearing my testimony of true love- of temple marriage- of the sacredness and eternal nature of families, fatherhood, motherhood, husband, wife, and how the Lord honors spiritual preparation- FILLS MY SOUL WITH JOY! I never feel more fulfilled than when I share my knowledge and assurance of these truths- I swear my purpose on earth is just to share that  fire with as many young girls and people as possible- because man she felt it the spirit was there! we talked of many other things, scriptures, prayer- but at the end she just sat there smiling- peace. then she said, "tell me about the life you see for me." I told her- in detail- vivid detail- she just listened, glowing, smiling, believing every word, I could see empowerment settling into her heart and taking root in her soul- and that at the end I said, "Jaecy- God proves the faithful right. work is the process by which dreams become reality- so do the work now- this can and will be yours- i know it- so let this dream fuel you and motivate you to do everything in your power to make it a reality and the Lord will do the rest." its true. i know its true. and it will be the same for me. I love you family- write soon okay? :) had a good run to the beach today and thought of how much y'all would LOVE IT.

all my love <3 sister b

No comments:

Post a Comment