Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Easter Week


Dear Family and friends-

   This week was a little different than most. We had an emergency transfer last Monday- and Sister Johnson, who was my companion in the MTC, is now my companion again. So for the next week and a half (until April 3rd) I am in a trio!! Sis. Christian leaves home on the 3rd, so then it will just be me and Sis. Johnson again- needless to say it's been interesting and I've experienced a couple personal challenges with the change, but I cannot tell you how much I am learning and how much it's causing me to truly stretch beyond my comfort zone and grow. A  mission is hard because I am truly seeing how my life is not my own right now. This is good because I don't want to be stagnant- I want to to grow, I want to learn to truly put God's will first and learn how to trust in Him and I know that in doing this I will be forever changed and bettered for the rest of my life. I also know there are many more people here I still need to meet, teach, serve, love, and learn from. I really do love the people.
    Mary's baptism is this Saturday, and Tom and Cynthia are amazing and continue to progress. It's not about baptism though- I've learned that the greatest joy comes from watching peope fill with light, and love and knowledge. You can see the Spirit softening their eyes and their countenances change and you can feel the peace they're feeling. It's beautiful!! Sometimes I can't believe how blessed I am that I get to be a part of this change in people's lives...I'm 20..and yet they actually listen to what we say because they can feel the power of the Spirit witness the truthfulness of what we say to them. 
 We had a cool experience- Jim is an awesome guy we met walking around- he used to be a member but fell away after his divorce to a nonmember woman. He was working on his car, so we stopped to help him and just get to know him and he told us his whole story by the time we finished working on his old car!! What an amazing person he is. He then looked at us and said- "I'd like to come back Sisters. I just don't know how.' Such beautiful words to hear! Help him get back we will :) and before we left all covered with grease he said, "can we have a prayer before you leave?" It was awesome. 
 Also- at the nursing home this week one of the sweet ladies I paint nails for every week grabbed hold of my arm and said, "Sister B- I like you. What faith are you?" I told her I was a member odf the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, aka Mormon, and she just stared at me, and laughed because she's a baptist! haha She said she still loved me, but it was funny. I love that crazy woman. After 2 open heart surgeries she is still full of attitude and life and has a boyfriend!! haha anyways- I hope all is well with you. I know you're all at Disneyland this week so have fun! Haley- enjoy Europe- and Ashley- keep staying strong and faithful in Provo!! I love you all so much and pray for you. I sang at Zone Conference so I will try to send the video to you, I am also singing two numbers on easter Sunday so I'm looking forward to that :) I love this gospel. I am so grateful for my Saviour and how He helps me change and become better. Oh!! and we saw Taylor Swift's beachouse!! I took a picture so I will send it soon :)
 
Love,

 Sister Bertoldo



Taylor Swift's beach house






No comments:

Post a Comment