Monday, January 6, 2014

Fried Food

Dear family-
 Well first off thanks are in order- thank you so much for the christmas package!! Mom I got your object lesson too and dad i got your letter :) We are using that lesson for tonight! and also I got the gift card thank you so much :)
 okay so yeah- yes i am in the south...here is the menu line up of what I have been served all week for dinner:
collard greens with lard and ham hawk 
deep fried okra
deep fried chicken
grits with cheese and butter
corn bread in a skillet with lard
dumplings
hush puppies
deep fried catfish ;(((
Haha it's hard to get used to! 

This week we did 2 trade-off training exchanges- so it was a busy week needless to say! Miracles always happen on exchange days. It is always so inspired and I am amazed at how the Lord guides us or works it out so that we are paired with the right sister, on the right day, in the right place- its amazing. The more leadership experiences I have the more I come to know how fully I rely on the Lord and the less i want and can do on my own. its incredible- I'm just so much better with Him so I would rather just do things His way because He knows SO much better than little me- little me would crash and BURN under these responsibilities and demands! But little me with Him? We can work miracles. and we have. 

I also have an amazing companion who understands how to rely on the Lord and then work hard as well. She is amazing I love her. I was put in a position on one of the exchanges this week where all of the campus sisters (there are 4 companionships) met together for a meeting to coordinate their work and divy it up. It was their first time having such a meeting- I just happened to be there bc of the exchange- and the sisters were overjoyed that I was there! It really humbled me and almost overwhelmed me...i almost felt inadequate because some of these sisters are AMAZING, incredible sisters with strong skills, gifts and leadership qualities themselves, so to see all of them kind of looking to me for leadership, direction, approval and the last word so to speak- was a wee bit overwhelming initially. I felt like- these sisters are looking at me so expectantly! Will I be able to say what they need me to say? fulfill their expectations, ect so what did I do? I prayed. I thought- the Lord orchestrated this and put me in this position for a reason- anyways its not about Him its about Him and what He can do- all I have to do is tap into that and then put it into words for these sisters. Well! it was amazing- basically a problem arose in their discussion- they were stumped and confused (keep in mind i am not in their area so I didnt know all the details of their problem, so again, i had to totally go off of the Lord and revelation) so sure enough they all looked to me- "Sister Bertoldo- what do you think we should do?" and they all just looked at me concerned, expectantly and waiting for me to resolve their problem- well resolve their problem we did! I (the Spirit) was able to come up to a solution that was surprisingly simple, we divided up the names and boom the problem was resolved and they had a game plan of how to move forward with the work for next transfer. It was so cool! the spirit was so strong in that room- they are truly a select group of sisters and I felt humbled and grateful to be able to serve them in that capacity- it was a great leadership and learning opportunity for me. I loved it. This week we have Mission Leadership Conference and us the Ap's and all the sisters and ZL's are meeting with President and missionary leadership Board and area 70 to receive training so we can carry out that training throughout the mission and move the work forward. I'm excited!
Now for the work!! our investigator Cierra is getting baptized January 25th and she is so amazing I love her so much- we taught her and her nieces the plan of salvation. We taught our investigator Mahogany the Plan too and it was amazing because at the beginning of the lesson she had really regressed spiritually and was questioning everything, but as we talked and taught, and listened- the spirit bore testimony to her that it was true- all her questions were answered one by one, and by the end she was a different girl! no more tears, or fears, she was such a mess before and by the end she had a peace that she said,"I haven't felt like this since I were a girl". It was pretty cool. We taught another less active woman who have always had strong feelings for, really open up to us about her family struggles after we watched the Restoration and the loving nature of God. I felt really strongly to invite her to invite her daughter and her husband to receive the lessons from us, and that doing so would change them from the inside out, which would save their marriage and bring them closer together with their young children. The spirit was so strong! she accepted. we are following up with her this week. Still havent found LaShawn pray for us please! I have faith we will find her. 
The gospel changes lives- its because its true. its christ's gospel. I love you all.
sis B

No comments:

Post a Comment