Friday, January 31, 2014

Revelation

Dear family,

Well this was quite the week! First to start with the work- Our investigator Cierra is progressing nicely. She is truly one of the most humble, endearing people I have ever known. She is so excited for her baptism and has been faithfully reading her Book of Mormon reader- we just ordered her the BOM reader to help her with understanding and she was so happy!! Also- we found a new investigator named Izola who is so prepared. This woman is so prepared!! she is older, and just so lovely- soft spoken and gentle. She has come to church every Sunday since we have met her and we taught her the Restoration in full this week and i think that is one of the best Restoration Lesson experiences I have ever had on my mission- the Spirit was really strong and I got to recite the first vision portion and for some reason I just felt like I was going to cry- she was just so believing I just felt my own testimony deepen. There is no other way to explain it but to say that the Spirit was in that room. And coolest of all? in just 1 week she has read the first 2 books of Nephi!! She will be baptized soon- she has great questions at church too. We are going to set a date for her next transfer. Also our investigator Peggy is doing well- our lesson with her this week was the word of wisdom, but it was cool because she gave the opening prayer and in her prayer she said, "please help me and my son Tank to know if we need to be baptized." haha! me and my comp were stoked when she said that- we almost fell off the couch!! She too has been reading the BOM but she struggles coming to church. Heard some sad heart wrenching experiences from a recent convert, it was hard to hear- but really opened my eyes and caused me to appreciate the blessings in my life and gave me a testimony of how important education is. She is illiterate and has suffered many terrible abuses, and injustices because of it. Its sad to hear, but unfortunately that is the world we live in. She however is dear to me and  she is listening to the BOM online. We are excited to be able to teach her husband.

OK- now for some big personal news- this week I went to my first Missionary Leadership Conference with the AP's and the ZL's and STL's and of course President. Tomorrow me and Sister Harris will be teaching to our whole zone the things we learned at MLC- its my first time teaching at a Zone Conference so i am excited! its also cool because our new mission theme is, "Missionaries of Uncommon Valor". I love it. Something I really want to live up to. we are teaching on the importance of Church attendance and how to help resolve obstacles holding our investigators back. I have out of the blue, randomly received a ton of very specific personal revelation, concerning my future, as well as revelation for our mission concerning member involvement. 

This week my comp got really sick with tonsilitis then I got the flu :( it was horrible we kept working through it anyways but I will be honest it was agonizing for us both. By the end of the day (9pm) we both had raging fevers and were ordered to stay home the next day. its really hard for my  comp. not to work, just like me, and she just got even sicker with a sinus infection. I got a migraine. horrible. any drop of light killed me!! well in that time period- I received some intense revelation that woke me up bolt in bed and i felt directly, "write it down". so i did. I wrote down 4 pages full of scriptures, quotes, and Preach my Gospel excerpts that talk about how to help members catch the "Missionary Spirit" so that it is us helping them with THEIR work, not the other way around! I included my own experiences and training in Gulf Breeze- I wrote out a 4 step plan for how all missionaries can implement it in the wards in which they serve. It can be spread throughout the mission! The next day I typed it up into 2 concise pages. It's called, "Every member a Missionary: A Higher Law". We have a meeting with President to present it to him- I am so excited! He said this may be something he wants me to spread across the mission and travel throughout the mission presenting it! It was straight revelation. The Lord just wrote it through me. I couldn't rest until it was done.I have included it to this email so you can read it.

Well family- I love you. I loved your letters and mom I am excited to hear you are going to be teaching! You are one of the best teachers I know- let me know which topic you choose :) and Ash I want to hear from you! Love you a ll so much. I cant believe I only have 3 transfers left....all the more motivation to do as much good as possible while I am set apart to find, teach, baptize! you all are in my prayers.

<3 Sister Bertoldo 

No comments:

Post a Comment