Friday, January 31, 2014

"Of mine own self I can do nothing...I seek not to do my will but seek to do the will of my Father who sent me." John 5

Dear Family-

This has been a week of unbelievable ups and downs. I cannot even begin to express in an email "the smallest part which I feel" but I will tell you in person someday all that has happened. I will say a few things of the downs- so we can end in the highs. The projects area of Tallahassee are really bad and dark, and people and especially children have been through so much horror. it started to really break my heart to see how it is just a way of life for so many. it is hard for me to see kids "raising" kids. I say "raising" bc most of these children from ag 3 to 15 just roam the streets in packs together and raise each other.- they are just left to raise themselves in this world. I have cried myself to sleep a couple nights because of these kids. I know a lot of them by name now- everytime we come they flock to us and i hug EVERY ONE OF THEM!! we tell them about Jesus and that they are children of Him and they listen intently.  these children have stolen my heart!! I love them deeply. I have peace and hope knowing that they are all numbered and known to Christ and the Father- so I pray for them, knowing there are many others just like them- and am grateful they have a Savior just like me  I just pray people will teach them- I teach as many as i can find. 
There is always Hope in Christ. 
So family- count your blessings!! Rejoice in the Gospel!! I rejoice in sharing it and seeing it CHANGE LIVES AND SOFTEN HEARTS. We also saw many miracles- our investigator Izola came to all the sessions of stake conference we had, and afterwards she asked to receive a priesthood blessing just of her own free will we were stunned! She is an older black woman- she has read up to Mosiah now in the BOM and she is rapidly preparing for baptism on the 22nd of February. Teaching her is a blessing and a joy. She has great faith!! also we have seen a dramatic improvement in the ward helping and taking part in missionary work! they are getting the missionary spirit! also our investigator harmyni and cierra is going AMAZING- Cierra is teaching me SO MUCH. The worth and value of my mission is double what it would've been because I met her. they call us every week to schedule appointments :) it is hard to see  and hear the trials they are going through and have gone through in the past- Cierra cried for the first time the last time we taught her and she said, "The Spirit told me I can trust you so I do. You are my dearest friends- and I love the book of Mormon. and I love how nice the church people are. and i dont feel bitter anymore. I feel loved." she reads the book of mormon reader for kids- it is so dear- she is AMAZING she says profound things- i cannot even begin to express in this email. they are recorded in my journal though. I will never forget her and Harmyni.

 Stake conference was great! I want you all to know that I have learned a truth I thought I already knew- there is a way we can succeed in this life and never fail- that way is to seek the will of the Father- and do it. that scripture,"Of mine own self I can do nothing...I seek not to do my will but see k to do the will of my Father who sent me." John 5 I know this is true. I know it. I know it and I will never forget it. The gospel- its true and if we live it we will be able to live with God again and we need to share it with as many people as natural opportunity will permeate. we must just share it out of love :) I love you all! and Kristen! I got your letter!! ;D thank you it meant a lot to me!!!!!! I am writing you today 

Love you all so much
Love,
 sister Bertoldo

No comments:

Post a Comment