Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Family History Miracles

Dear family-
I spent most of my time sending out private emails to you all so i do not have time for my mass email! but i have it all written in my journal so i will tell you all about it when I get home. thank you haley and ashley for your package!!!!!! I loved it!!!!! it made my life haha really. ask my comp how happy i was :)) love you guys. this week tons happened- one thing i must share is that we had a miracle where i went on an exchange-
we were going out to tract and use family history as our contacting approach. 
       well at the end we were led to a random street we didn't plan to go to- and we decided that on this particular street we only had a short amount of time left so we would knock 4 doors before our next appt. well the first 3 nothing- then the 4th door a woman came to the door- we opened with introductions then asked her "do you know where your family comes from?" the second she opened her mouth i heard a familiar accent- Grandpa. Before she even answered i knew. "Iran". she said. I told her about Grandpa- about how I had been able to find some of his ancestry (she was concerned she wouldn't be able to bc she was from Iran. she completely had a change in attitude when I told her about Grandpa- she lit up like a tree! she kept saying, "I cant believe that!" she has only been here for 8 years- she then asked us 2 questions, the first she said, "did your grandpa convert?" I told her he did and she was dumbfounded but riveted- she then said, "why do you do this? what value is there in this for you?" oh- man- then I got to testify! about the plan of salvation- how we draw closer to them and they to us as we engage in their work and how that adds to your sense of self and the legacy they left behind. she said, "Oh i see. i understand this." and then she agreed to come to the church and learn more! she said to us as we were leaving, "You have both blessed my day." as we left i burst into tears bc i felt so close to Grandpa and then I remembered our prayer- and that this was even the 4th door- I know that was grandpa helping me in the work, which is a testimony to me that he is in fact doing the same work i am on the other side.i have never felt closer to him. tallahassee is a big place- there aren't that many Iranians in america...I know that this was a miracle wrought by the Spirit of Elijah and the tender mercy of God to allow me and Grandpa to work together for a day. I love you all. I got to sing a lot this week- its a long awesome story :) i will write about it later :) 
much love sister Bertoldo

oh! I also got to meet and teach a man that has never heard of christ! He is from Japan His name is Takuya- he has only been in America for 10 months- he is 23 and came here for school. we met him with family history- after we did fh with him, we gave him a church tour after and he said, "I never been to church." we asked if he was religious at all- he responded no- not even Buddhist. I asked him, "do you know who Jesus Christ is?" and he looked at me confused and said, "No". wow. I have never met anyone who doesnt know christ. the spirit flooded my heart- oh to teach someone and testify of Christ to someone who has never before known him! to introduce someone to that savior I love so much!!! I will never forget his face- after we taught Him of His nature and showed him pictures, he said looking at Christ- "He is brave. People love him because He loves all." Me and my comp cried- then we explained to Him Gethsemane- and the atonement- my gosh I will never forget his face or how it felt to share that- we then asked him- do you want to learn more of christ? He looked at us and with fervor said, "Yes. I do! I want to learn more of Christ." i will never forget that. what a blessing and choice experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment