Wednesday, March 19, 2014

"When You Have a Vision of What You Can Become, Your Power and Motivation to Act Increases Enormously" Elder Oaks

How important it is to have a vision for yourself and others in line with the vision of God.

Dearest family-
this week was the kind of week that time didnt even exist- each day blended into the next and i lost all concept of time and never knew what day it was! What a week truly. I dont know what I am going to do- going back to normal life, living normal days without insane experiences, miracles, exhausting responsibilities, and life changing experiencing- it is honestly insane! It is really picking up here towards the end! every day is spiritual marathon! I have officially realized that i am the happiest, busiest, most engaged, fulfilled, used, and needed that I have ever been in my life. I am truly happy. It's like God is using me like crazy now, now that I really know how to be a missionary- this is the most effective I have ever been in my time on earth. i will just never be the same. My whole sense of self and perspective has shifted in an eternal, permanent way, and my understanding of self, life and others has just...its more eternally accurate and in perspective. My mission has literally changed, and saved my life, and i didnt even know I needed saving and changing before!

ok- well to start- this week we took another sister to the airport- weird! and then this week was transfers! me and my comp sister harris are staying together- this is the longest i have ever had a companion but i am glad bc we are a powerhouse together with the Lord-i feel so blessed and am so grateful for our companionship!!!!!!!!!!!! and honestly what we do is so hard- i fully rely on the lord- literally you have no idea how i pray haha we have each other and president&sister smith- but other than that everyone else in the mission leans on us so i am so grateful for her! she is a great strength to me! We are a strength to each other.i had a feeling we would be staying together bc I know God knows my limitations. but we got to help out with all the new sisters coming in from the MTC! I loved it it was so fun!! I have a soft spot in my heart for new sisters- I love greeting new missionaries and seeing how scared they are and helping them feel comfortable and safe. Its my favorite- i think thats why i trained so much. i love making people feel secure when i can feel they are nervous. 

So we did training with them at the mission home along with the AP's and then we took them out working with us to our appointments and guess what! we had a miracle. the part member family we have been working with- the cartwrights? her nonmember husband came to church for the first time to do fh work- it softened him more than anything else! afterwards we were able to give him a church tour- and when we went in the chapel he felt the spirit so strongly he couldnt speak- it was incredible- i told him tht this was God answering Him- telling Him He wanted Him here- I asked him to visualize himself there with his daughter- i could see the Spirit working in him- i kept saying I knew this was God's answer to him- he just looked at me and said, "thank you for saying that. I have been asking." He said he felt something in that chapel....he couldnt get over it. It was beautiful! that was one of the most spirit led church tours I have ever given. It was such a testimony to me of how important family history work is to softening hearts and changing demeanors- when the Spirit of Elijah is paired with the Holy Spirit- MIRACLES HAPPEN! 

well- later this week- we had the opportunity to have dinner with President and Sister Smith- they invited us to the farewell dinner for all the departing missionaries- i had been burning to tell President smith about our fh miracle- (bc he is HUGE on using fh in the mission). i told him everything (someday i will tell you all the details too in person) I did the voices and everything- well him and sis. smith were practically laughing in tears! Then President looked at me and said, "Sister Bertoldo- after Elder Ballard speaks- they are giving me 30 minutes to speak- I am giving 10 of those minutes to you to share that story. can you tell it in 10-15 minutes?" well this saturday- The apostle, Elder Ballard himself came to speak to us- WOW. WOW WOW WOW. The south is being flooded with church leaders bc there is a great work going on here bc as Elder Ballard said, "Here in this part of the United states people already believe in christ,There is great potential for growth in this part of the Lord's vineyard- so you missionaries here- you have to be good.You have to be good teachers" Elder Soarres of the 70 also came and spoke to us. they wanted to shake each of our hands. 

 I can truly testify that he speaks the words of Christ- i felt the spirit so strongly as those men spoke- the biggest thing that Elder ballard told us that stood out to me was when he said speaking of missionaries who may fel discouraged or tired, "there are times i am tired. i am weary. I am an old man! when I feel insufficient strength physically. it is then elders and sisters, that I look at this....(he pulled out a pass along sized picture of Christ) I would encourage you all to carry this. I look at Christ in those moments and my mind goes to Gethsemane, and I think what He did for the people I am on my way to meet, and then i feel okay. When all is said and done Elders and sisters, I'm a missionary. just like you." what gifted humility. How that touched me,"My mind goes to Gethsemane...and then I feel ok." How blessed I am to be here.
Well- they brought SUCH A STRONG SPIRIT that my nerves were calm and i had no fear that I would not be guided in what to say even though i had no time to mentally prepare/write out thoughts. I know the Lord wanted me to see that it wasnt about me- He just wants me to fully rely and trust in Him. The spirit is what captivates, motivates, and inspires- i know that. i learned many things that day. 

well afterwards- we felt endowed with power- we went out and contacted, we found a man in the side streets by the homeless shelter and engaged in one of the sweetest gospel discussions i have ever had with a first time street contact. we gave him a BOM and read out of it with him Hel 5:12- he was mesmerized- we are meeting with him again tuesday. Also, our investigator Rex (felon man) just committed to be baptized April 12th! we had an awesome lesson with him last night- over 2 hours long- utterly exhausting- but amazing- we taught the Plan Of Salvation. he wants to be baptized- and best of all- he asked his younger brother Robby to baptize him! Robby is a less active member- so now he feels motivated to prepare himself ready and worthy to baptize his brother- its is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen- seeing how the priesthood and love and the gospel is working in these men to elevate them and their families!!!! what a week. I love you all. One last summer to witness to the south- I love being used by the Lord, and know I still have much to learn.
All My love <3
sister Bertoldo 

No comments:

Post a Comment