Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Flying

Dearest family!

thank you for the happy little package!! that meant so much to me mom thank you!!!!!! well this week was great- it flew- transfers are next week so that is crazy. we did another 2 exchanges this week and saw a lot of miracles. we had zone conference and i have some big news- i have caught the "Spirit of Elijah" big time! I have been working on Grandpa's and grandma's side since dad did a lot of work on his side which is awesome!! and guess what mom/! I found grandpa's parents! I am working on finding his grandparents- but i felt the spirit so strong when i found them- I really feel they have accepted the gospel and want their work done- I put Nonny in their too and her parents- I am determined to have names of our family ready to take to the temple to do for them the second I get home!!! So mom if grandma is still there could you please get all the info possible on her and grandpas families so i can do their work?

we found 5 new investigators! we have received 8 media referrals! It is just amazing- i have never heard of that on my mission- we are very blessed, but are working ourselves to the dirt and i guess the Lord sees that. We are so blessed. Cierra is excited to be baptised this saturday! Please pray for her, and also please pray that her families heart, especially her fathers heart, will be softened- her whole family is coming to the baptism. we are planning to pull the dad aside after the baptism and ask if he will allow his 2 other daughters Harmyni and Cierra to be baptized- they want to so badly- Harmyni last night said, "I am scared if I have to wait to get baptized until I am 18 I will forget what I feel now." 

We had a really cool opportunity, me and sis. harris my dear companion, to got to President's house (the mission home) and just talk to him and Sis. Smith- they were'nt even dressed in church clothes they were in pj's!! it was so cool! we were talking in their living room about a few things and when we brought up Cierra President said, "I want to meet her. bring to my home and we will have a lesson with her here in the mission  home." I cried. How incredible that would be, how incredible. I am so grateful to be here and have the opportunity to work so closely with President. It was his idea to committ the father to allow his younger daughters to be baptized after the baptism. we are doing it!! It is also really exciting because me and sis harris and Harmyni and Raykell are all going to sing at Cierra's baptism "Amazing Grace" and the dad agreed to play the piano for us after Cierra begged him- that will be amazing! I have a lot of vids to show you when i get home. 

We also had an emergency come up- one of the sisters in our mission had to be sent home, so President called us and she came over to sleep at our apartment (I had to sleep on the floor bc we only have 2 beds! haha i slept great actually :) and then we had to take her to the airport. He also gave us money to take her out to breakfast. We really wanted to make her feel special so she didn't feel any nervousness or sense of failure- it was a really amazing experience. It was weird going to the airport though- the last itme I was at the tally airport my mission was just beginning! so going back really brough back memories and made the reailty that that will be me in a couple months really hit me- it was weird- i was glad to leave the airport and go back to being a missionary! but we walked her to the gate and stayed with her as long as possible. I love you all so much. excited to meet Elder Ballard next week! Hope all is well with you <3 tell grandma I would love to hear from her and love her very much.

Love sis. bertoldo

No comments:

Post a Comment