Monday, July 7, 2014

"I know of no easy formula for success. Persist, Persist, Persist. Work, Work, Work! Fulfill the promises you make to yourself." -Heber J. Grant

Dearest family-
So 10 days left to my mission...10 days!!! That is insane- its been hard to say goodbye to people. I have truly met people and made relationships and bonds with people, I can't bare to part with!! goodbyes are hard. But i will tell you what- missionary work is a joy to do and i feel an added measure of passion in teaching people i know i will only see one more time. I am being quite bold and its awesome! boldness is truth spoken with love- i feel the need to be bold knowing i am leaving so soon. I love teaching like this! not that I haven't other times on my mission- i have- but there is definitely an added measure of boldness when people know these are my parting words and testimony. Very emotional. inspiring, draining, intense, but beautiful. and above all else- spiritual.
Well- we had a breathrough lesson with Marsha! we watched the full length restoration- i have never felt the spirit stronger watching that film- it really hit me while watching that film just how much my testimony of the restoration has been deepened because of my understanding of it through teaching and studying it so frequently over the course of 18 months. wow. I testified to marsha about how faith in Joseph smith ismt what we are focused on- its about gaining a testimony that the FULNESS OF CHRIST'S GOSPEL HAS BEEN RESTORED! and that Joseph smith was the tool God worked through to do this great work- THAT is what she needs to pray about- she got the chills and was covered in goosebumps- the spirit was really testifying to her! i was crying- so was the member friend we had there with us- it was beautiful. she felt it. I feel she will be baptized. Teaching all starts with believing in where people can be- it all starts with a vision, love, and then you proceed with faith and the spirit. that is how people come unto christ- the spirit.
ALSO! members language of love here is food- people have been taking us out to eat EVERY NIGHT to the NICEST FANCIEST restaurants!! its insane- seriously- every night from here until i go home is booked with fancy dinner appointments from members! and they aren't cheap! its really touching! and we dont even ask for it! people just wanna take us out before i go home and they all want to have a "special parting meal" its seriously so sweet-but yeah- its a lot of food lol and its DANG GOOD so i am just enjoying it. We went to this one restaurant saturday night that had vegan egyptian food and they brought us out these fancy drinks made from juiced flowers and spices- it was amazing! and healthy- so i was in heaven- i have never had egyptian food before- only in tallahasse!! so eclectic and cultural- its a lot like indian food.
Cora is progressing well- already doing missionary work! and Jackie got baptized! she is someone i have taught several times on exchanges so we are close. Also our investigator jolene, she is an older woman- in her 70's- she was playing the piano when we came over so i started singing while she played all her favorite baptist hymns and i loved it! so did she! she was so happy to have someone to play for it was precious- i told her i loved doing this with my grandma and that really touched her- i am almost never happier than when i am singing, especially when singing of our Savior and Heavenly Father. Pure joy for me, pure joy. I plan on pursuing singing more seriously when i return home. The spirit has impressed upon me that is important for my life and to share with others. It fills me with indescribable joy to sing for others and for God!
We have another MLC this week! my last one- crazy. crazy crazy. I cannot wait to see you all and run into your arms- but I am anxiously engaged in my work here until that time. We found a new investigator named hillary! she is a baggage lady at the airport and always sees missionaries there. she said she can sense a light about them- we taught her the restoration- i loved teaching that to her- i felt full of god's power and light! i will never stop being a missionary. I love you all!!!
Much love <3
Sis. Brooke Bertoldo


Jackie's baptism!


Pointing to my beloved Gulf Breeze on the Florida map

No comments:

Post a Comment