Monday, May 13, 2013

Getting Transferred!!


Dearest Family-
 
  First of all- what a joy it was to talk to all of you yesterday!! Mom- happy mothers day. I love you and think the world of you. my dearest friend and greatest teacher. And dad- happy birthday again. I look up to you in every way and always have. you are my rock. 
  So yes- big news!!! I am getting transferred to Gulf Breeze. It's still right on the coast and beautiful but it does not have the touristy quality of Destin. I am getting a new sister missionary straight from the MTC to train, and we will be whitewashing the area. I will be one busy little missionary!!!! I can't wait for the new challenges, experiences, and people that I know I will grow to love as I serve and teach and work with them. It is hard to leave the people here that I have grown to love so much- I am being bombarded with branch members calling to say goodbye and wanting to take us to lunch and dinner and breakfast before I leave!!! So touching-  there are many people I have to say goodbye to before I leave- all of their faces flashed through my mind when I learned I was being transferred so that was hard. I got a weeeee bit emotional ha but I ran to the bathroom and said a prayer and was flooded with instant peace and excitement. So I know all will be well- I am in the Lords hands and He has led me safely thus far so I know He will continue to do so. The crazy thing is that I had a feeling I was being sent to Gulf Breeze- I could feel it- when President said the name my heart just lept! But i do sooo love Destin and the people here- I will never forget them or my time here and I will always treasure it. I will send my new address as soon as I have it! 
   It will be hard to say goodbye to everyone here, I know that the most important thing in this life and the next is the relationships we have and make with other people. They are Eternal. That is where we can obtain our greatest source of joy- my mission has only further taught me that. 
   Earlier this week we went to the nursing home for mother's day and sang "I Know That My Redeemer Lives" to an elderly woman named Nettie. It was beautiful- she just closed her eyes and tears streamed down her face as we sang. She soaked it in like a sponge- this frail old woman at the end of her life- it was so beautiful, I will never forget that experience. Among us singing was Sister Smartt who I love DEARLY and Cynthia Hoffer, and Jeannie Simmons. My beloved Jeannie :) oh how I love those women. 
   Also this week we met with a big giant mormon family from Salt Lake visiting before their son Dallin leaves for his mission in July and we got to take family pictures for them!! It was so fun- they have 9 kids!! I loved being in their home- it felt like being home with all of you. I included some of the pictures we took with them and for them :) Also included are pictures of the tiny little frogs and another big toad I found and fell in love with! Destin is heaven- and the people here I have come to know and love only make it harder to leave. I feel so blessed to have been here and serve with these people. I will come back one day!
 
All my Love,

Sister Bertoldo



Saying Goodbye to Sister Decker 




Cooper Family




 Pink house that made me think of Stacey - it was so cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment