Monday, May 27, 2013

Week 2 in Gulf Breeze

Dearest family-

So yesterday we (Elder Sanders, Elder Parsons, and of course me and my companion) all spoke in church. It went well and I was grateful for the opportunity to speak before the ward so that everyone could see who we were and get to hear our testimonies. Afterwards we had a line of people coming up to talk to us and we even got 2 referrals on the spot!!! So that made our day haha. but really...we also had an awesome lesson with the Lemery family for dinner get this- Sister Lemery is a returning less active after 9 years and Brother Lemery is a nonmember but we had no idea because he comes to church every sunday
  They are a BEAUTIFUL family- we love them so much. They have 2 little girls, Ethne who is 5 and Clarissa who is 3 :) they could not be cuter!! They danced for us, and showed us all their little treasures and then after dinner we were singing primary hmns with them and we were singing and teaching them all the hand motions to "The wise man and the foolish man" song and they LOVED it, they were singing with all their might and their dad came in and just sat there watching us interacting with them and he had the most beautiful look of wonderment, peace, and love in his eyes. It was a really beautiful moment i'll never forget- the spirit was there. Afterwards we had a lesson on how the gospel blesses families from preach my gospel and we gave them the Family Proclamation to the World. The whole time we were teaching the Lemery's sat listening smiling at each other and holding hands. We are praying to touch brother Lemery and get him baptized before they move to Utah! I dont know when it will happen, but I know it will because this little family is so beautiful and so in tune with the Spirit. Sister Lemery really wants to get back into the Church for her kids sake and they are doing FHE every monday! We felt so blessed to be with them.

So because today is memorial day all the libraries are closed so we are emailing at a members house right now, the Stubbs and they are too cute! Theyre a young newlywed couple that we are pretty much best friends with already! 
   Also Haley- I wanted to say congratulations on graduating!! I wish i could've been there or at least called and talked to you but know I am thinking of you and am RIDICULOUSLY proud of you and excited for you- I am literally your biggest fan and have so much faith in you. I cannot wait to hear about all your college experiences and wish the best in your swim experiences, the best friends, the best guy friends, the best classes, the best student ward, all of it!! and your roommate sounds awesome- ah! So excited for you. Love you hale. Cant wait to laugh my head off with you again too :)
   Me and sister treiber continue to become best friends- I took her out tracting saturday night haha and man what an experience!! We had one woman totally rip our heads off- not gonna lie it was rough! Sister treiber cried :( But we said a prayer and moved on. Then later we had a man approach us in awe of what we were doing. He couldn't believe we were going door to door like that to share a message of Christ and of truth and of the gospel. He said, "what are you?" we told him who we were and he told us about his life and he is a retired marine- we explained that we are Christians and tha we believe in both the Bible and Book of Mormon- he was so touched, his countenance was so softened. We gave him a pass along card with our number and referred him to mormon.org to learn more and if he has any questions to call us! He jokingly asked us to help him weed so we are thinking that we are going to go back and surprise him by weeding his lawn and then give him a lesson after haha brilliant trade off right?! Anyways- it was a great experience to follow our hard one and I know it was a good learning experience for both sister Treiber and myself. 
  The Church is true- that is why we can have the confidence to share it like we do because truth is truth is truth is truth- people will feel it and know it too if they have a humble heart and are truly searching for truth. 2 Nephi 32:20 talks about how important holding out hope is- we have hope because of christ- christ has overcome the world. Hope gives us the power to endure even through times of trial and adversity when it feels like God isn't listening or that we will never see the attainment of our dreams and desires. But we will- as we remain faithful even without seeing the fulfillment of our dreams and hold out that hope- God will grant us the righteous desires of our heart after the trial of our faith (ether 12:4-6). 
   Oh! and I got a letter from Chelsea Rosendahl this week!! made me so happy haha so chelsea if youre reading this I love you SO MUCH and I am writing you today :} and I got Amanda's letter too!! I am writing you too cuz! love you- cant believe you are graduating!  And my beloved Chelsie Brown I know is getting married this week so please family be there since I can't! I love and think of all my friends and love hearing from you. Got Lindsey's play CD too and it was precious I loved it! And dad- this friday at zone conference I am singing "come thou fount" in honor of you for fathers day. I love you all so much. Things are still very busy but I like the fast pace.
  The southern heat is really picking up now since we are now closer to Alabama and on Wednesday I got heat stroke  we both got sick but we drank lots and we are starting to adjust to the humid 98 degree weather- somewhat! haha I really love these people though. I am learning so much. Also! we have our first baptismal date for Taven Hernandez June 29th! he's the 9 year old boy I was talking about last email. He is precious. Hope all is well hope to hear from you soon!

Much love Sister Bertoldo

*funny of the week*

We were fed a plantain and ground beef CHEESE casserole with green beans by an elderly woman this week and haha poor Sister Treiber threw up when we got home so then I did too because hearing her sent me over the edge!! It was hilarious- then the lady told me I looked like Jennifer Aniston so I was all flattered and she looked at Sister Treiber and said and you look like....(sister treiber was all excited) Mona Lisa! haha we tried so hard not to laugh haha. Also we went biking and I fell flat on my face, in a skirt, with a helmet on..all pride gone haha the end. I included a picture of our biking adventure! also note the poster in the background- we made a giant spiritual quote board we add to it everyday :)


No comments:

Post a Comment