Monday, September 30, 2013

Consider the Lilies. 3 Ne. 13:26-34

Dear family-

    I want to start by telling you how deeply I love you all. I have some things to say to Ashley- you are amazing. I have been thinking of you lately and telling people about you- I want you to know how much I respect, admire, love and look up to you. You are a beautiful, deep, complex person- I am so humbled happy and grateful you are my big sister. Thank you for helping me so much all my life. I hope you are confident in knowing what good things lie ahead for you- don't ever doubt or be discouraged- you have done nothing but strive to be good and work hard and be kind to those around you. God wants to and will bless you. He knows what you need and what to provide for you and when- That scripture is for you Ash- "Consider the lilies, how they grow and toil not, yet all things are provided for them." You are a lily (not a lotus blossom as mom would say haha but a lily!) God will provide ALL the wants and fulfill ALL your needs if "ye are not of little faith". read that. miss you miss you miss you miss you. 
I forget what its like having a big sister to lean on!!!! EVERYONE LEANS ON ME. I am a UNIVERSAL big sister out here to EVERYONE- which I love- but I have to remind myself- I have a big sister too- and I think you helped me to be able to know how to be such a good big sister figure to all these girls and youths I am now working with out here.
ok-

       This week- what a week!! first off the weather really is starting to be amazing! I love that crisp October air- it smells like change and excitement!! And excitement there is- because my beloved Dion (our investigator) is going to be baptized on the 2nd of NOvember!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could not ask for a better bday present! I could not be happier!!! You have no idea!!! ahh!! I love him! we have been working towards this for so long, i could see it and feel it, and its all happening! Oh God is good-- my joy is so full! 
and the Hernandez family (also beloved to me) has been SO AMAZING in being there at all our lessons and really fellowshipping him and it made such a difference in his conversion just as i knew it would. Missionaries are like matchmakers- we match investigators to ward members and introduce those relationships as the SPIRIT directs and BOOM! its like magic- then long after we leave we know those investigators will be ok bc they have relationships within the ward. If Dion was the only person I met and baptized on my mission it would be worth it- i would come out just for him. but that is not the case :) 
       We had 3 investigators at church yesterday!! 3!! what a blessing- how we have toiled, labored, planned, and prayed for all of this to come together and it has! there is still much more work to be done- we are not nearly done- but i rejoice and glory for the success god has granted us thus far- and it gets better- us and the elders taught combined ym and yw this sunday, about how to be in the world and not of it and it went great- I am so grateful the Spirit was there- I KNOW that that was all spirit led. And Dion and a less active girl who also came to church for the first time were both there on the audience as well as one of the leaders investigators so to be teaching the youth plus our investigators and people we are working with was AMAZING!! 
      I am on fire about it still if you couldn't tell...haha. Well i have discovered, just as i thought- that the youth is where my passion and true excitement lies. I LOVE teaching the youth. I could speak with and to the youth for the rest of my life and be fulfilled- I was in heaven. that is so my place and call in life- seriously- that was made manifest to me and solidified to me. I loved it. Afterwards Dion and lauren and Juanita all said they loved church again and want to come again next week. our investigator Vo became on fire about the Book of mormon too- after fast and testimony meeting he said, "I really do need to read that book! Im going to." We are meeting with them all again for a combined lesson on the plan of salvation on wednesday my birthday :) best birthday ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love those people. 
       We also met with pat again this week- the baptist woman going through cancer for the 5th time- it was another amazing spirit led meeting and at the end when we prayed she once again  prayed that people would "open their doors to these mormon sisters" it makes me cry every time to hear this thickly baptist woman pray for people to let the mormon missionaries in!! It is beautiful. We pray holding hands- thats how they pray in the south and I have to say I really am starting to love praying that way- even the LDS families pray that way- its just how they pray down here! its sweet. for now we stick to reading the bible with her- but in time- as she feels the spirit- we will begin reading the bom with her too. 

We are so excited for general conference this weekend because we have 3 investigators we are going to be watching different sessions with in members homes- what an opportunity this will be for them!! dion, JC, and Vo.I cant wait for conference. 

For my birthday my beloved hernandez family is having us over for dinner and cake and all that stuff- and then another sister is taking us out to lunch, and the rest of my birthday will be spent doing what I love most- missionary work! Teaching! and having that lesson with Dion, Juanita and Lauren :) it doesnt really feel like my bday- it just feels like every other day- i am a missionary! i forgot I was even 20 I though I was still 19!! 21 is weird...but either way- i am absorbed in the work so nothing feels different. 

Grandpa...is in my heart and mind a lot. I am struggling a little with facing not seeing him again...but I am going to write him and call him. I just think about him at night...but i have been just letting it fuel me to share the plan of salvation even more- i will see him again someday. I did break down and cry at the Jorgensens though :( they are an older couple that reminds me a lot of grandma and grandpa- I always told them that- so seeing them this Thursday after i got the news of grandpa- that was a struggle for me- i felt like- i love these people and they need us and me and i am glad to take care of them- but what about my own grandma? she needs me too! my grandpa needs me! I love loving other peoples grandparents but i felt like i was not being there for my own when they needed me and that hurt me...

I am very close to these people. Jc calls me "big sis" and the little Henderson girls all followed me out to the car yesterday and told their mom "we are staying with sister B!!" haha man that warms my heart...that helps me not miss my own little sisters as much- i just transfer all my love on them and they all give it write back!! I get more hugs a day than i have in my entire life :) anyways- I love you all- so much. Enjoy general conference. keep sharing the gospel with anyone you can especially close friends. I cant wait to see y'all again but i am happy and hope you all are too- how lucky am i- that you are my family. and haley- i sent your package today!! happy birthday my love!!!!! oh i cant wait to hug you! jared i love you. and kristen I love you. and Lindsey I love you. and Stacey I love you. And Michael I love you. I cant wait to hug you all!!
much love 
sis b


me and sis treiber reunited!! :D


me and my new companion sis schmidt- i call it "short and tall"


our mission zone in pensacola florida


our elders- elder sanders and elder riddle at conference (elder sanders red tie elder riddle on the right)


me and some other sisters at mission conference

No comments:

Post a Comment