Monday, September 16, 2013

Halfway Point

Dear Family-

    This transfer is my 6th, which makes it the 1/2 way mark of my mission!! I cant believe it...this transfer I am staying in Gulf Breeze and training a new sister from the MTC!! My companion sis. richardson is being transferred to Tallahassee spanish speaking- which she is happy about bc she loves spanish and has been dying to be more submerged in it so i am so happy for her. Elder Sanders is also staying again! that will make it 6 months that we have been here serving in Gulf Breeze- that's crazy! that is 1/3 of my mission! But I am glad- I LOVE this place unbelievably and the people here I consider family. I was a wreck all week with transfers looming- at church i kept thinking, What if this is the last i'm in this building?? people were crying even thinking about us leaving it was really hard...so oh the relief I felt when I saw I was staying!! oh man...anyways- now for the week :)

      This Sunday our investigator Mike came to church for the first time!! It was so great to be sitting there with one of our investigators- it's been awhile since that's happened so that felt really good. I was praying He would come for all day, and when he walked in- I cannot express the deep joy I felt. and it was great- the speakers were all young men which was perfect for him to hear their testimonies and the yw got up and sang a beautiful song that really brought the spirit- he said he felt the spirit and he wants to come back next sunday :) 

      This week started with some opposition- every appointment we had with our investigators fell through- every one. But we pressed on and as we did the Lord really did bless us. We had a powerful lesson with Anya, we taught her the priesthood and she was full of questions but really understood it all by the end and she said in her cute little russian accent, "so when you come back next week?" that's what we love to hear!! 
 haha also- probably the highlight of my week personally came with a small but profound experience. I met Dion, a 16 black boy at Juanita's house last week- he has no family, no home. So young and so alone. Juanita took him in and he asked me some questions about the church. When we left I couldn't stop thinking about him. I felt like I couldn't rest until I gave that boy a book of mormon. 
      When we got home that night I got a crisp Book of Mormon off the shelf and wrote my testimony in it. I went through and marked and highlighted countless scriptures that I felt would be meaningful to him. I really poured my heart and soul into that one precious book of mormon! I carried it in the car all week. This week- when we went back- Dion was there. we talked for a bit then I went and pulled out the Book of Mormon- I said, this book is for you. I told him and explained what it was. I told him about the marked scriptures for him and my testimony was there for him to read before he read it himself. It was a sweet moment- and then when I put it in his hands the biggest smile crossed his face. It was like had never been given anything more precious before! He just looked at me and smiled and said, "i'm gonna go put this in my room" His tiny little make shift room..and then he ran off. Giving someone a book of Mormon has NEVER FELT SO GOOD or brought me so much JOY. If that was the only thing I did on my missions that would be enough. Thats how fulfilling it was.I  really love that boy- I really love that kid. I feel God's love for him. He wants to come to church. Pray that we can make that happen. 
     
     I got asked to sing for a YSA activity- that went well. I really love how much my voice is being put to use as a tool on the mission- it is deeply gratifying and fulfilling to me. i feel very blessed- this week was hard and it is a struggle trying to meet with all of our investigators, but the experience that the Lord has blessed me with I treasure and am so deeply grateful for. i don't know what to ask for for my birthday- 21. crazy!! I really don't know- all I want is for our investigators to progress. Mike. Sonya. Holiday. Andrea. to come to church. To read the Book of Mormon- that's all I want!! I will need things when I go home and am transitioning into the world again but for now- I just want you all to be happy and keep sharing the gospel and the goodness of truth with as many people in your path. I want you to all know I love you. Oh! I have been doing genealogy work- just a little but I am learning lots and its exciting to me. I love you all sorry my time got cut short but read Isaiah 40:10, 13, 31.
much love 
sister b

No comments:

Post a Comment